On Friday 4th and Saturday 5th March, TOCT held a public exhibition on the proposals to renovate and extend the Grade II*former Methodist chapel in Tolpuddle.
The exhibition consisted of 14 display panels showing:
- The results of last year’s public consultations.
- The architect’s plans of the exterior and interior of the proposed renovation and extension.
- Artist’s impressions showing the renovated former chapel and its interior.
- An artist’s impression of the interior of the proposed extension.
71 people attended, the majority being village residents.
Each visitor was asked to respond to the statement:
I support the TOCT proposals to:
- Renovate the former chapel
- Preserve this important heritage building
- Provide an extension for vital services
- Provide a venue for activities and events
- Develop new interpretation and a range of heritage related learning projects.
65 people gave a response.
60 strongly agreed with the proposals.
4 agreed with the proposals
1 was unsure.