Martyrs’ Festival Consultation Open Days
18th 19th July 2015
Visitors were able to look into the interior of the former chapel over a half door. They were able to discuss the ‘vision’ of the project with the Trustees.
64 people signed up to become ‘Friends of TOCT’
£198 was received as cash donations.
Visitors wrote their comment about the project on cardboad labels which were then displayed on our own replica of ‘The Martyrs’ Tree’:
Some of the comments hung on the tree:
- Splendid to see this symbolic building coming to life again – a splendid community and legacy project. Well done!
- The proposed plans are an exciting and innovative way of bringing this historic building back into productive use. Good luck
- It’s essential this historic building is restored to ensure the spirit of the Tolpuddle Martyrs is continued to inspire others to fight for their freedom and support others
- An excellent project that needs your support. We need to keep the memories alive for future generations.
- It’s great that this lovely old building of such significance is at last to be renovated. Many thanks to all working on the project.
- Amazing project – pleased to see it in good hands
- So glad your story is being told – have walked past this old cob walled building for 15 years … and never knew!!
- Absolutely good news – I am delighted we have it at last – I have prayed for this day
- What a wonderful focus for an important movement! Look forward to returning to support your vision. A place of retreat is welcome in this busy world.
- I look forward to sitting and reading poetry in here.
- Well done for all your hard work, preservation of local history is so vital
- I hope this very worthwhile project prospers
- Hope to see all completed by 2018 – looking forward to it.
- Thank you, so happy this is happening at last